Monday, April 23, 2012

Kids & Sibs Weekend!

Well...the countdown has begun! We are getting close to the end of the term and summer vacation is quickly approaching! 

So far this term has been busy, mostly with Intel work and projects. Last week we completed a serial sexual assault case project. We were given 10 victim's reports and we had to analyze each and break each report down in terms of location, behaviors, time elements, victim description, and offender descriptions. We then had to create a briefing book with our analysis and findings. My partner and I easily put 40-50 hours into the project. Some of the nights we were in the lab from 7pm-4am! 

Right after we turned in that particular project we were given another project! This one deals with drugs and we have to construct a link chart. This project is due the Wednesday of finals week, so we have about three weeks to complete it. Again, I expect to put in some long nights.

This past weekend we had a special weekend on campus- Kids & Sibs weekend. It comes once a year and is a blast! Kids & Sibs weekend is when siblings of Mercyhurst students are invited to spend a weekend on campus. My youngest sister came and spent the weekend with me and we had so much fun! We checked in on Friday and were given a bunch of snacks and two matching official Kids & Sibs weekend T-shirts! 

We then went out to dinner in Erie and went to Starbucks for a drink and to talk. We ended the night by watching a movie. Saturday we took the bus to the mall and did some shopping. We then returned to campus and grabbed dinner at the Egan dining hall. Surprisingly, my sister liked the food! haha

Sunday afternoon we went to Panera for lunch and then my parents met us there and we went to the mall. I am glad she was able to come down and I know she enjoyed her stay at the Hurst! Can't wait until we do it again next year!

Below is a picture of two stuffed animals we made on Saturday during the events on campus:


Anyway, I'm currently at work study typing this blog so I better get back to work! 

Thanks for reading!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment